Table of Contents | Tim Lea | Down The Rabbit Hole
Down the Rabbit Hole is a Blockchain book in plain English.
It is a core primer for business people and non-technical people, like you and me, to help you understand and get beneath the Blockchain, to see its power and potential from a practical perspective. Using real global use cases and easy-to-understand stories from within the blockchain ecosystem, Down the Rabbit Hole is an easy read that engages.
If I am honest, my favourite chapter is the Rise and Fall of Silk Road – the illegal website that sold drugs, weapons and other nefarious products. The chapter involves the story of how undercover cops got beneath the surface to bring the website down – using hitmen, staging someone’s death and high level corruption – its a story that is worthy of Hollywood itself as it twists and turns on its journey.
TABLE OF CONTENTS – DOWN THE RABBIT HOLE
How Best To Use This Book
1. The Blockchain – WTF?
PART 1 – THE FOUNDATIONS OF THE BLOCKCHAIN
2. The History of The Blockchain
3. How Does The Blockchain Work – In Plain English ?
4. Blockchain Technology – The Ten Pillars Of Strength
5. Blockchain Technology – The Ten Major Weaknesses
PART 2 –THE BLOCKCHAIN’S EARLIEST USES
6. The Early Adoption of the Blockchain
7.The Rise and Fall of Silk Road – Bitcoin’s Tainted Brilliance
8. How secure is the Blockchain? – The $2bn Bitcoin Heists
PART 3 – CROSSING THE COMMERCIAL CHASM
9. Crossing the Commercial Chasm – The Challenges of Blockchain Adoption
10. The Blockchain Outside Of Financial Services
11. Following the Money – Venture Capital Investment In The Blockchain
12. The Initial Coin Offering – The Venture Capitalists Get Disrupted
PART 4 – SMART CONTRACTS
13. Smart Contracts – The Killer Application or Just Industry Hype?14.Why Smart contracts aren’t smart!
15. The DAO – Who Needs A CEO?
16. When Dreams Are Shattered – The DAO $53m Attack and its implications
17. Regulation – The Never Ending Game Of Cat And Mouse
PART 5 – THE FUTURE
18. The Best Is Yet to Come – 10 Alternative Coins To Watch
19. The Cryptocurrency Markets – Following The Future Winners
20. Identity, Voting, And The Blockchain
21. Can I Have My Shoes Back? Developing Nations And The Blockchain
22. Islamic Finance And The Blockchain – A Perfect Match?
23. When Oceans Collide – Convergence With The Internet of Things
24. Predictions For The Future Of The Blockchain
25. Our Supporters Best Blockchain Quotes
Staying Up To Date – Blogs/News Sites, Podcasts & YouTube Channels